Canadian Stocks/Old stock certificates

Question
Steven
In going through my late father's papers I discovered the following stock certificates
Mandalay Gold Mines Limited   368 shares dated 10 Feb 1950
Mercury Oils ,Limited 34 shares dated 16 Feb 1950
Davies Petroleums Limited 34 shares dated 16 Feb 1950
New Davies Petroleums Limited 34 shares dated 31 July 1952
Gold Lake Mines Limited  68 shares dated 22 Feb 1950
Henning Maloney Gold Mines, Limited 4000 shares dated 16 April 1934.
My question is whether any of the above even exist today and if so do they have any value?
Steven you have helped me before and I am indebted to you for your outstanding service! Many many thanks
Dan

Answer
Dan, from the information I have available:

Mandalay has no current value. The Company had its charter cancelled and was dissolved in the mid-1950's.

I have no information on Mercury Oils.

Davies and New Davies are the same company. They had two reverse splits (1 for 5 and then 1 for 6) and became Ranchman's Resources, which was acquired by Crestar Energy in 1995 on the basis of 0.225 of a Crestar share plus $2.81 cash for each Ranchman's share. Since the prior reverse splits would have left your father with just 1 or 2 shares of Ranchman's the acquisition would have wiped him out and he would have received a small check for his fractional share.

Gold Lake had a 1 for 10 reverse split and name change before being acquired in 1983. The terms of the acquisition would have wiped out the 7 shares your father had left, so he should have received a small check for his fractional shares at that time.

Henning-Malone has no value. It was dissolved.  

Canadian Stocks

Steven Taylor