Canadian Stocks/Old stocks circa 1920 - 1950s

Question
Hello Steven. We've recently cleared out the old house and found these in an old suitcase. These stocks are all owned by individuals that have a clear dependance through wills to us. Could you let us know if these are worth pursuing. All have varied number of shares starting at 1000:

Davidson Consolidated Gold Mines Ltd 1920
Doris Yellowknife Gold Mines Ltd 1956
GoldQuartz Mining Corporation Ltd 1937

Also, what is the history behind A.E. Osler, Wills and Bickle Ltd? Are they still in business and if so where?

Answer
Carol, from the information I have available:

Gold Quartz and Doris Yellowknife have no current value. Both Companies had their charters cancelled and were dissolved in the late 1950's.

I have no information on Davidson, although 1920 pre-dates much of the information I have. It also predates the stock market crash and the Great Depression, and not many companies survived both. I suggest you try contacting the Province of Incorporation and see what information they have available, or contact a broker and ask them to perform a detailed search for you.

Canadian Stocks

Steven Taylor