Canadian Stocks/Old mining Shares

Hi Steve
I have some old mining shares from my mother's estate.

The first one is 50 shares in a company called "The C.D.Mining Company Limited" in Vancouver BC. Dated on the 24th Dec 1941

The second one is 1600 shares in "Sheffield Gold & Silver Mines, Limited" it states that the shares are in escrow with the Toronto General Trusts Corporation, Vancouver BC. Dated 18th Dec 1937 with Fred W Humble and Wesley Sheldrake as Trustees

Thank you

Gordon, from the information I have available:

C.D. Mining has no current value. The Company was dissolved in the early 1980's.

I have no information on Sheffield, although 1937 predates much of the information I have available. It also predates WWII, which was a difficult period for many precious metal companies. Since you don't have a certificate, the chances of there being any recoverable value is very slim, but I suggest you contact a broker and see if they can perform a detailed search for you.

Canadian Stocks

Steven Taylor

Canadian stocks, including growth and resource companies.