You are here:

Canadian Stocks/Share Certificate


My father has a Series B Shares Certificate for Lundin Oil AB (publ).  I punch in the cusip number and it says "nothing".  I think they may have changed their name to Lundin Petroleum ??? He wants to get rid of it but he lives in the US now and apparently it cannot be sold there ???  We know NOTHING about this stuff. Don't know where to go from here !!

Patricia, from the information I have available, Lundin Oil AB is not Lundin Petroleum. Instead. Lundin Oil was acquired by Talisman Energy in 2001 for 36.50 Swedish Kroner per share cash. The B shares were a compulsory take-up, which means the transfer agent just sent a check to the registered B holders, and I do not believe they were required to surrender the certificates. Your father should have received a check for his shares at that time, and was allowed to keep the certificate.

If he did not receive the check, the money would have been turned over to the government for safekeeping waiting for him to claim it. You need to search the missing property offices of every State or Province in which he lived from the time he acquired the shares until the takeover. You can search many of them online for free at or  

Canadian Stocks

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Steven Taylor


Canadian stocks, including growth and resource companies.

©2017 All rights reserved.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]