Canadian Stocks/Canadian Pioneer Oils Ltd

I have 2000 shares of Canadian Pioneer Oils Ltd and
1 share of Tosco Corp.  Are they worth anything?

Maribeth, from the information I have available:

Canadian Pioneer had a 1 for 4 reverse split and was later acquired by Cimarron Petroleum on the basis of 1 Cimarron share for every 37.34 Canadian shares. Cimarron was later acquired by Newport Petroleum on the basis of 2.7 Newport shares for every 1 Cimarron shares. Newport was acquired in 2000 by Hunt Oil for $5.50 per share cash. The registered holder should have received a check at that time. If not, the money would have been turned over to the Government for safekeeping. If the shares are in your name, you need to search the missing property offices of every State or Province in which you lived from the time the certificate was issued until the buyout in 2000. You can search many of them online for free at and

Tosco was a US company, not a Canadian company, but they merged into Phillips in 2001. Phillips later became ConocoPhillips. You can contact their shareholders services department and inquire about your share certificate:

Canadian Stocks

Steven Taylor

Canadian stocks, including growth and resource companies.