Canadian Stocks/Dome stocks

We only have 5 shares in dome Canada Limited. purchased in 1982
Just wanted to make sure what they are worth if any before we shred the certificate.  Thanks.

ANSWER: Heather, from the information I have available, the Company had several name changes and became Encor Energy Corporation, which was acquired in 1988 by TCPL Energy for $9.375 per share cash. The registered holder should have received a check for their shares at that time, and likely did not have to submit the old certificate for payment, which is why it is still out there.

QUESTION: so does that mean we should just shred the certificate or is there any point in keeping it?

Heather, I think you can safely dispose of this certificate. Although, it might have some nominal value to a collector as art. Old certificates of that nature can be worth anywhere from a few dollars to $30-50, depending on demand. But considering the work involved, it may not be worth your time to try to sell a single certificate.

Canadian Stocks

Steven Taylor

Canadian stocks, including growth and resource companies.