Canadian Stocks/How to find value of old Canadian mining stocks

I am going through my father's files and I found some old mining stocks-  How would I find out their valure, if they have any?  Here are the certificates:

1. Venus Mines LTD (N.P.L): 200 shares
2. Silver Summit Minels Limited: 500 shares
3. Interprovincial Silver Mines LTD (N.P.L): 4000 common shares
4. Killarney Oil and Gas Development Company Ltd.: 6000 common shares
5. Arlington Silver Mines LTD (N.P.L.): 3000 shares

David, from the information I have available:

Venus Mines has no value. It was struck and dissolved in the early 1980's.

Silver Summit had several name changes and reverse splits (1 for 4, 1 for 4, and 1 for 5) and is now Barrick Gold. You will need to contact Barrick's current transfer agent ( to determine if the old shares are still valid and, if so, to have them reorganized so they can be sold.

interprovincial has no current value. The stock had a 1 for 4 reverse split and became General Energy, which was suspended, delisted and cease-traded in the 1980's.

Killarney seems to have run into serious financial and legal difficulty so the shares were exchanged for a new company, Killarney Oil and Resources, in the early 1970's. I have no information on what happened to the new company. I suggest you contact the Province of Incorporation and see what information they have available, or contact a broker and ask them to perform a detailed search for you.

Arlington has no value. The Company had several name changes before being dissolved.

Canadian Stocks

Steven Taylor

Canadian stocks, including growth and resource companies.