Canadian Stocks/How to find value of old Canadian mining stocks

Question
Hello,
I am going through my father's files and I found some old mining stocks-  How would I find out their valure, if they have any?  Here are the certificates:

1. Venus Mines LTD (N.P.L): 200 shares
2. Silver Summit Minels Limited: 500 shares
3. Interprovincial Silver Mines LTD (N.P.L): 4000 common shares
4. Killarney Oil and Gas Development Company Ltd.: 6000 common shares
5. Arlington Silver Mines LTD (N.P.L.): 3000 shares

Thanks!
David

Answer
David, from the information I have available:

Venus Mines has no value. It was struck and dissolved in the early 1980's.

Silver Summit had several name changes and reverse splits (1 for 4, 1 for 4, and 1 for 5) and is now Barrick Gold. You will need to contact Barrick's current transfer agent (www.canstockta.com) to determine if the old shares are still valid and, if so, to have them reorganized so they can be sold.

interprovincial has no current value. The stock had a 1 for 4 reverse split and became General Energy, which was suspended, delisted and cease-traded in the 1980's.

Killarney seems to have run into serious financial and legal difficulty so the shares were exchanged for a new company, Killarney Oil and Resources, in the early 1970's. I have no information on what happened to the new company. I suggest you contact the Province of Incorporation and see what information they have available, or contact a broker and ask them to perform a detailed search for you.

Arlington has no value. The Company had several name changes before being dissolved.

Canadian Stocks

Steven Taylor