Canadian Stocks/Old mining stocks

Question
Hello,

I found some old stocks and I would like to know if they have any residual value. They were all acquired between 1964 and 1973:
- Ayrhart Mining Corporation Inc., 25000 shares
- Bourbeau Lake Mines Ltd, 11000 shares
- Elmac Malartic Mines Ltd, 5000 shares
- Tache Lake Mines Ltd, 8000 shares
- Astrabrun Mines Ltd, 4000 shares
- Troilus Mines Ltd, 30000 shares

Many thanks for your help,

G. Turcotte

Answer
Gilles, from the information I have available:

Ayrhart had a couple of name changes and eventually became Campbell Resources, which went bankrupt. No value for common shareholders.

Bourbeau had its charter cancelled and was dissolved in the early 1980's. No value.

Elmac had its charter cancelled and was dissolved in the mid-1970's. No value.

Tache Lake had numerous name change, mergers and at least 2 reverse splits (1 for 10 and 1 for 6). The Company was eventually acquired by MPAC Energy in 2001 for 6 cents per share cash. The registered holder should have received a check for their remaining shares at that time.

Astrabrun had its charter cancelled and was dissolved in the mid-1970's. No value.

Toilus has numerous name changes and mergers, and some share changes (1 for 10, 1 for 4, 1.2 for 1, and 0.1042 for 1) and is now Argonaut Gold. You will have to contact Argonaut's transfer agent, Computershare (www.computershare.com) to determine if your old shares have any current value.  

Canadian Stocks

Steven Taylor