Canadian Stocks/old stock certificates

Hi Steve,
Thanks for taking the time to answer my question. I found these old stock certificates and wondering if there worthless or how i find out

porcupine whitney gold syndicate 1936
irvin porcupine gold mines limited 1939
teal exploration limited 1961
uchi gold mines limited 1938

Tony, from the information I have available:

Irvin has no current value. The Company was dissolved in the early 1960's.

Teal has no current value. It was dissolved in the mid-1960's.

Uchi has no value. It went into receivership and common shareholders received nothing.

I have no information on syndicates. They were not publicly traded and were formed under a separate set of laws. They were almost always sold to a small number of people, usually friends and family, and were formed to explore a specific property or area. When the money ran out, they either dissolved or, if something of potential value was found, the property was usually sold to another company, often for stock which was later distributed to syndicate members. I would not be surprised if one of the other certificates you have - perhaps Irvin Porcupine - came from that exact scenario.

Canadian Stocks

Steven Taylor

Canadian stocks, including growth and resource companies.