Canadian Stocks/old stock certificates

Question
QUESTION: I'm sorting out the file cabinet in preparation of moving out of this house and found 3 certificates and wondered if they were still viable and what they might be worth. Green Point Mines Limited near or in Prince Edward County, Woman Lake Goldfields Development Limited (dated Nov. 28, 1927) and Cheskirk Mines Limited/Green Point Mines Limited? Thank you for checking into this for me because I wasn't sure who to ask.

ANSWER: Mary, from the information I have available:

Cheskirk did become Green Point Mines, but there is no current value. The Company had its charter cancelled and was dissolved in the mid-1970's.

Woman Lake swapped its assets for shares of a new company, but there is no current value. That company was also dissolved in the mid-1970's.

QUESTION: Hi Steven! Thank you so much for your time and the answers you have given me on these certificates and since the companies dissolved in the mid 1970's, is there any reason I should hang onto the certificates and other paper work?

Answer
Mary, except for nostalgic value, there is really no reason to keep the certificates. There is a market out there for collectors who have an interest in old certificates as art, but they mostly have interest in famous, old, or very colorful certificates. Your certificates may have some nominal value to collectors. You can search the internet for "old stock certificates for sale" or "collectors" if you are interested in selling the certificates.

Canadian Stocks

Steven Taylor