Canadian Stocks/OPI LTD. Share certificate

Question
Hi Steven.  
Thanx for your help to many.  Trying to deal with Momís and previously deceased brotherís estates, and possible previous financial entanglements.

Have recently found a stock certificate showing;
-certification that Pitfield Mackay Ross Limited is the registered holder of 700 common shares of OPI LTD., (incorporated under the laws of province of Alberta);
-is dated M_arch 3_0, 19_83, countersigned and registered to GUARANTY TRUST CO. OF CANADA, (Transfer agent and registrar ) ;
-the C-U_S-I_P IS 6-7_0-8_9-0  1_0-  2  .

There are other numbers on the certificate starting with C_B ----- .

Can you please advise me if;
1)   OPI LTD. Still exists;
2)   PITFIELD ET AL still exists;
3) Guaranty trust Co. of Canada still exists .
Any leads you can give me as to whether this is wallpaper, whose name the account is in, or worth pursuing is appreciated. Thanks.
Bob

Answer
Bob, from the information I have available, OPI is defunct. The company had a name change to Oil Patch Group, but went into receivership in 1988 and was delisted. No value.

Pitfield MacKay is long gone. I merged into other brokers and bankers a long time ago.

Guaranty Trust is long gone as well.

Since the stock in question has no value, I believe you can write it off and use it as wall paper if you like.

Canadian Stocks

Steven Taylor