Canadian Stocks/old shares

I found 2 certificates from my father who has passed away. They are 2 cetificates of 200 shares each in the Arbor Capital Resources Inc from October 8 1982.Can you tell me if they are worth anything?

Sioban, from the information I have available, the Company had several name changes and became Arbor Memorial, which was acquired in 2012 for $32.00 cash per share. The registered holder would have received a check for their shares at that time. But, if the current address of the holder was unknown, the money would have been turned over to the government for safekeeping.

I suggest you contact Arbor's last transfer agent, Computershare ( They might also be able to tell you the disposition of any money owed to your father. Otherwise, you will have to search the missing property department of each State or Province in which your father lived from the time the certificates were issued until the takeover in 2012. You can search many of them online for free at and Search using your father's name exactly as it appears on the certificate.

Canadian Stocks

Steven Taylor

Canadian stocks, including growth and resource companies.