Canadian Stocks/Old Stock Certificates

Question
Hello Steven
My father has some old certificates and I am trying to find out if they have any value
Parflo Mines and Energy Corp  400 shares 1989
Interquest Resources Corporation  150 shares 1985
SIS Resources Corporation 600 Shares 1974
Ville Marie Explortions Limited  500 shares 1975
Torvalon Corp 300 Shares 1993
Cree Lake Resources Corp  1000 shares 1993

Answer
Donna, from the information I have available:

Parflo had several name changes and reverse splits and ended as Racad Technologies, which was delisted and eventually cease-traded. It was also named as part of an Ontario Securities Commission action against crooked brokers who rigged the stock price. With the cease-trade order still in effect, the stock has no current value.

Interquest had a 1 for 4 reverse split and became Interquest Inc. but was later delisted and cease-traded. Those cease-trade orders remain in effect. No current value.

SIS had several name changes and at least 1 reverse split (1 for 4) and is currently Canadian Bioceutical, which trades for about 39 cents per share. You will need to contact the current transfer agent, Valiant Trust (www.valianttrust.com) to confirm this information and have the old certificate reorganized into the new shares.

Ville Marie had a couple of name changes and a 1 for 10 reverse split and became Ryland Oil. In 2010, the Company was acquired by Crescent Point Energy on the basis of 0.0117 of a Crescent Point share for each share of Ryland. Since your father would have received less than 1 Crescent Point share, he would have likely received a small cash payment instead. I would contact Crescent Point's transfer agent (www.computershare.com) to confirm this information.

Torvalon was used in a fraudulent scheme and was cease-traded in 1993. That cease-trade order remains in effect. No current value.

Cree Lake became Cogent Capital, but Cogent was cease-traded in 2002. That order remains in effect. No current value.

Canadian Stocks

Steven Taylor