Canadian Stocks/old stock certificates

Question
I have been cleaning out my dad's files and have found several old stock certificates. Most seem to be from the 1960's in British Columbia. I'm wondering if they have any value, and if so, how he, or I (with POA), redeem them.  If they have no value, can I just shred them?

Thank you for providing this service.

The stocks are:
Atlantis Mines Ltd.(NPL) 1000 shares
Dictator Mines Ltd. (NPL) 1000 shares
Exel Explorations Ltd. (NPL) 1000 shares
Mamit Lake Mining Ltd. (NPL) 500 shares
Ottomac Mines Ltd. (NPL) 500 shares
Rocky Brook Mines Ltd. 500 shares
Silver Summit Mining Co. Ltd (NPL) 200 shares
Skaist Mines Ltd. (NPL) 1000 shares

Answer
Joanne, from the information I have available:

Atlantis was dissolved. No current value.

Dictator was dissolved in the early 1980's. No current value.

Exel is hard to track, but I believe they have had numerous reverse splits (1 for 5, another 1 for 5, 1 for 3, and 1 for 4) and is now New West Energy which trades for about 2 cents per share. You need to contact the current transfer agent (www.computershare.com) to confirm this information.

Mamit Lake had a 1 for 2.5 reverse and a name change before being dissolved. No current value.

I have no information on Ottomac Mines.

Rocky Brook was acquired but the new company was dissolved in the early 1980's. No value.

Silver Summit had multiple name changes and reverse splits (1 for 4, another 1 for 4, and 1 for 5) and is now Barrick Gold. You will need to contact Barrick's current transfer agent (www.canstockta.com) to confirm this information and have the old certificate reorganized.

Skaist had a name change and reverse split before being dissolved. No current value.  

Canadian Stocks

Steven Taylor