Canadian Stocks/Stocks

Question
QUESTION: I have some stocks that we have had since 1989 and am wondering if any are of value;
Commonwealth Richmond Properties Inc. - Central Guaranty Trust Company, Toronto, On 3000 shares
Ekersval Resources Ltd - Guaranty Trust Company of Canada - 1000 shares
Blake River Explorations Ltd - Equity Transfer Servicesw Inc, Toronto, On 1000 shares
Empire Alliance Property  Inc - Equity Transfer Services Inc, Toronto, 313 Shares
First Sports International Inc. -Equity Transfer Services Inc, Toronto 200 shares.

ANSWER: Beth, from the information I have available:

Commonwealth Richmond and Empire Alliance are the same Company. Commonwealth did a 1 for 16 reverse split and became Empire Alliance Properties. Empire was cease-traded in 2002, and that order remains in effect. No current value.

Ekersval did a 1 for 3 reverse and became Maxill Inc. Maxill was delisted in 2003, but stayed around and continued its regulatory filing obligations. They continued to operate as a distributor of dental products until they were taken private several years ago for 8 cents per share. I believe Maxill acted as their own agent for the acquisition of the common shares, so you need to contact them directly at:

80 Elm Street
St. Thomas, Ontario
N5R 6C8

The last phone number listed for them is 519 631-7370.

Blake River was cease-traded in 2006. That order remains in effect. No current value.

First Sports had a couple of name changes and at least one reverse split and became RB Energy, which went bankrupt last year. It was also suspended and delisted and currently cease-traded. I believe the current transfer agent is www.tmxequitytransferservices.com. You can contact them for details.

QUESTION: Have you ever heard of Pan East Resources Inc and/or
Aurlot Explorations Ltd.

Answer
Beth, from the information I have available:

Pan East had a 1 for 4 reverse split before being acquired by Poco Petroleum. Shareholders received 0.1797 of a Poco share for each old share. Poco was acquired by Burlington Resources in 1999. Poco shareholders received 0.25 of a Burlington share for each Poco share.  Burlington was acquired by ConocoPhillips in 2006 on the basis of 0.7214 of a Conoco share plus US$46.50 cash for every Burlington share. To determine if your shares are valid and what they might be worth currently, you need to contact Conoco's transfer agent, which should be listed on Conoco's website www.conocophillips.com.

Aurlot was the predecessor of First Sports. It was probably an older certificate that did not need to be submitted for the new shares.

Canadian Stocks

Steven Taylor