Canadian Stocks/Are these stocks still trading?

Question
My Uncle left us with some Canadian stock certificates and we can't seem to locate any information on them.  Can you tell me if they are still trading?  They are: Sceptre Resources Ltd, Perless Canadian Explorations Ltd, and Metal Mines Ltd

Answer
Barbara, from the information I have available:

Sceptre was acquired by Canadian Natural in 1996. Sceptre shareholders received 0.38 of a common share of Canadian Natural for each Sceptre share. Canadian Natural trades for about $28 a share. You will need to contact the current transfer agent (www.computershare.com) to determine if the old certificates are valid.

Peerless Canadian was dissolved in the early 1970's. No current value.

Metal Mines has undergone numerous transactions and name changes, including a 1 for 2 reverse split, then a 0.42 for 1 acquisition, then a 1.25 for 1 forward split. It became EnCana Energy, which is now two different companies - EnCana and Cenovus. You will need to contact the current transfer agents - www.canstockta.com for EnCana and www.computershare.com for Cenovus.

Canadian Stocks

Steven Taylor