Canadian Stocks/old gold mine shares

Question
QUESTION: I haVE A SHARE CERTIFICATE( 1000 SHARES ), FOR A COMPANY CALLED HUTCHISON LAKE GOLD MINE. tHE ORIGINAL SHAFT WAS SUNK IN THE GERALDTON AREA OF NORTHERN ONTARIO IN THE 1930'S. I WAS WONDERING IF IT HAS ANY CURRANT DAY VALUE, OR IF IT'S JUST A NICE CONVERSATION PIECE. HOW DO I GO ABOUT TRACING THIS, OR DO YOU HAVE INFO THAT WOULD HELP TO DETERMINE A VALUE? i HAVE FOUND THE FOLLOWING INFO; IT WAS ORIGINAL STARTED IN 1935, BECAME PART OF MAYLAC RESOURCES IN 1946 AND THEN GULCH MINES IN 1958. AS LATE AS 1986, CLAIMS WERE HELD BY CAMEL OIL AND GAS LTD. CAN VERIFY THIS AND SEE IF THERE IS A CURRENT DAY OWNER?
THANKS, RON

ANSWER: Ron, from the information I have available, the Company has a very long history of acquisitions. After it became Gulch Mines, there were at least 5 more acquisitions and some reverse splits. It eventually became Gulf Canada Resources, which was acquired in 2001 for $12.40 cash per share. Unfortunately, due to the acquisition ratios and reverse splits, I think it is highly likely your original 1000 shares of Hutchinson Lake would have been wiped out long before the cash takeover. If there was any value left, it would not have been much at all. 1 share, perhaps. And, the registered holder would have been issued a check at that time, or if they could not be found or deceased, the money would have been turned over to the government for safekeeping or to their estate.

QUESTION: Is there a website I can go to to see if any money was deposited with the government. The registered owner was my father and was deceased in 2001.
Just curious at this point to see if there was any value left in 2001.

Thanks  Ron

Answer
Ron, I suggest you try www.missingmoney.com and www.naupa.org. Search in every State or Province in which your father lived from the date on the certificate until the acquisition in 2001. Unfortunately, not all governments participate in the online searches. Ontario in particular is a problem - you may have to call or contact the Province directly and inquire if they are holding any money.

Canadian Stocks

Steven Taylor