Canadian Stocks/Old Cetificates

Question
I have 2 old stock certificates. The company names are Aero Mining Corp. and Westore Mines Limited- from 1957.
Stamped on one certificate is-(no personal liability and not subject to call) Incorporated under the Quebec Mining Companies Act. The other just has Not Subject To Call.
It also states on the side of one cerficate--Countersigned and Registered: Chartered Trust Company, Montreal Toronto and signed by Transfer Agent and Registrar Authorized officer. The other Montreal Trust Company, Regina Toronto.
Can you please let me know if you are familiar with these stocks and I would appreciate any assistance you can give me to determine if there is any value to these shares.

Answer
Stephanie, from the information I have available:

Aero Mining was dissolved in the 1960's. No value.

Westore's history is very complicated. Westore  did a 1 for 13 reverse and became Bison Petroleum and Minerals. In 1987, the Company changed its name to United Bison and did a 1 for 100 reverse stock split immediately followed by a 100 for 1 forward split. The reason for the two splits was they had a lot of shareholders with under 100 shares. If they had less than 100 shares, the reverse split would move them to less than 1 new share, and they would receive cash in lieu of the new shares. The 100 for 1 forward split would then make all the other shareholders whole again. You didn't say how many shares the certificate represented, but if the Westore Certificate was less than 1300 shares, it would have been wiped out at that point.

If the Westore Certificate was more than 1300 shares, they would have eventually become KHD Humboldt and Terra Nova Royalty. I suggest you contact KHD's Investor Relations department and they should be able to put you in touch with their transfer agent who should be able to tell you if the certificate has value.

Michael Nielsen
Colonia-Allee 3
51067 Köln
Tel.: +49 221 6504 1500
michael.nielsen@khd.com  

Canadian Stocks

Steven Taylor