Canadian Stocks/Stocks bought between 1983-1991

I have come acoss four stocks that my mother in law had purchased and would like to know if they have any value.
1. Force Resources Ltd
2. Royal Oak Mines Inc.
3. Nahanni Mines Limited
4. Hallmac Mines Ltd (N.P.L.)

Brian, from the information I have available:

Force had multiple reverse splits and is now Xiana Mining, which trades for a few cents a share. Unfortunately, due to the splits, 1 share of Xiana would require 8,000 shares of Force. The current transfer agent is Computershare ( I suggest you contact them to confirm this information and see if the old certificate has any current value.

Royal Oak went through bankruptcy and holders received 1 share of Royal Oak Ventures for every 100 shares of Royal Oak Mines held. Royal Oak Ventures was taken private in January 2014. Shareholders received 15 cents per share. Your mother-in-law should have received a check for any shares at that time.

Nahanni had a 1 new for 12.5 old shares reverse split and became RG Properties, which was later taken private in 2003. Common shareholders received 55 cents per common share. Your mother-in-law should have received a check at that time.

Hallmac is a predecessor to Royal Oak Mines. They are the same company.

Canadian Stocks

Steven Taylor

Canadian stocks, including growth and resource companies.