Canadian Stocks/North America Rare Metals

I found a stock certificate for North American Rare Metals Limited, from 1959 . I assume they're worthless but I wanted to check before I pitched them.

Melinda, from the information I have available, the certificate might have some value.

The Company split into two companies - NAR Resources and Sunstate International. North American shareholders received 1 share each of NAR and Sunstate for each 10 shares of North American. The Sunstate shares have no value - the Company had another name change and reverse split before running into serious financial difficulty and being suspended, delisted and cease-traded. The NAR later merged into Titanium Corp. Inc., which is still around and trades for about 40 cents per share. You will need to contact the current transfer agent ( and determine if the original certificate is valid and, if so, to have it reorganized into the new shares.

Canadian Stocks

Steven Taylor

Canadian stocks, including growth and resource companies.