Canadian Stocks/North America Rare Metals

Question
I found a stock certificate for North American Rare Metals Limited, from 1959 . I assume they're worthless but I wanted to check before I pitched them.

Answer
Melinda, from the information I have available, the certificate might have some value.

The Company split into two companies - NAR Resources and Sunstate International. North American shareholders received 1 share each of NAR and Sunstate for each 10 shares of North American. The Sunstate shares have no value - the Company had another name change and reverse split before running into serious financial difficulty and being suspended, delisted and cease-traded. The NAR later merged into Titanium Corp. Inc., which is still around and trades for about 40 cents per share. You will need to contact the current transfer agent (tmxequitytransferservices.com) and determine if the original certificate is valid and, if so, to have it reorganized into the new shares.

Canadian Stocks

Steven Taylor