Canadian Stocks/Shares

Question
We found some certificates for shares from the following companies and I was wondering if they are worth anything:

Rowan Consolidated Mines Limited 1000 Shares issued Aug 31/1964
Weedon Mining Corporation 1000 Shares Issued Aug 21/1964
Joburke Gold Mines Limited 1000 shares Aug 31/1964
Goldquest Exploration Inc. Subscription Warrant for *20* rights Aug 8th/1985
Goldquest Exploration Inc. Subscription Warrant for ****20 Rights June 3rd/1983

Thanks

Answer
Myles, from the information I have available:

Rowan had numerous name changes, reverse splits and amalgamations (1 for 10, then 1 for 4.91, then 1 for 20, and 1.4 for 1) and eventually became Goldcorp. You will need to contact the current transfer agent to see if the person named on the certificate is still a registered holder of Goldcorp. The agent is CST (www.canstockta.com).

Weedon had several name changes and reverse splits but had its charter cancelled and was dissolved in the late 1970's. No current value.

Joburke also had at least one reverse split (1 for 14) and became Cenex Ltd. which went into receivership. The Company had its charter cancelled and was dissolved. No current value.

The Goldquest came from the Rowan - it was one of the stops along its way to Goldcorp, which says the holder was included in the changes at least that far. The certificates you have are for Rights. Rights have a limited term, and if they are not exercised by that date they expire. Those rights certificates would have no current value.

Canadian Stocks

Steven Taylor