Canadian Stocks/Stock Certificates

Question
I have 2 certificates for a total of 8 shares in Mission Financial Corporation Limited.  I got these back in 1969 as part of a high school economics class.  Are they worth anything other than sentimental value.

Thank you
Sheila Pickering

Answer
Sheila, from the information I have available, Mission had a merger and shareholders received 2 new shares for every 8 old shares. It eventually became Glenex Industries. Glenex merged with several other companies and became Quest Investments, which subsequently has several other transactions and name changes and is currently Sprott Inc., which trades for about $2.12 a share. Unfortunately, due to the reverses and capital changes, your original 8 shares is unlikely to be any Sprott, but I suggest you contact the current transfer agent (tmxequitytransferservices.com) to determine if you have any shares.  

Canadian Stocks

Steven Taylor