Canadian Stocks/Silvermaque Mining

My dad found an old document from 1985 regarding Silvermaque Mining Ltd. It set out the shares he had in the company at the time.  Years have passed and he wasn't aware or informed about any changes to his shares.

How can my father find out if those shares are worth anything today?  I understand the company has evolved over the years, but

Any suggestions are welcome.

Grace, from the information I have available, Silvermaque went through two reverse splits (1 for 4 and 1 for 8) before being acquired by Rio Narcea in 2004 on the basis of 1 Rio share for every 5.25 old shares. Rio was acquired in 2007 by Lundin Mining for $5.50 cash per share. If your Dad still had shares at the time of the acquisition, he would have received a check at that time. If they were unable to find him, the money would have been turned over to the government for safekeeping waiting for him to claim it. You an search the missing property offices of many States and Provinces online for free at and Search in every jurisdiction in which he lived from the time he first acquired the shares until the takeover in 2007.  

Canadian Stocks

Steven Taylor

Canadian stocks, including growth and resource companies.