Canadian Stocks/Old Mining stock certificates.

Good afternoon. While rooting through some old documents and papers I came upon the following:
1) Argus Consolidated Mines Limited dated 1955
2) North Continental Oil and Gas Corporation Limited Calgary, 1956
3)Canamiska Copper Mines Limited, 1966

I also have two that say Civil Service Mutual Benefit Society, dated 1949 and 1963.

I am curious to know if these are of any value, and where would I go to find out. Thank you for your time

Marta, from the information I have available:

Argus Consolidated had a reverse split and a name change before being dissolved in the early 1970's. No current value.

North Continental had a reverse split and name change before being suspended, delisted and cease-traded in the mid-1990's. No current value.

Canamiska had its charter cancelled and was dissolved in the early 1970's. No current value.

The Civil Service Mutual Benefit Society sold insurance, and according to the Federal Government database, their obligations were transferred to Sun Life. I suggest you contact Sun Life ( and see if they can provide you with guidance.

Canadian Stocks

Steven Taylor

Canadian stocks, including growth and resource companies.