Canadian Stocks/old stock certificates

I have come across stock certs. which belonged to my grandfather (dated 1932-1945).  Can you tell me if they became defunct or exchanged to something currently trading? Thanks!  
West-Bay Yellowknife Mines Limited
Troup Porcupine Mines Limited
Peerless Gold Syndicate
James R. Kearney Corporation (preference)
Sun Gold Fruit Products Co. Limited (preference)
Also found: Investors Syndicate"Installment Investment Certificate" (dated 1931)

Pam, from the information I have available:

West Bay was dissolved in the 1960's. No value.

Troup had its charter cancelled and was dissolved in the late 1950's. No value.

For Peerless, it was a gold syndicate, and those are not publicly traded securities. They are formed to explore a specific property or area, and interests are sold to a very small number of people privately, usually friends of family. When the money runs out, they try to sell the property to another company, usually for stock, which is then distributed to syndicate members.

I have no information on either James R. Kearney or Sun Gold Fruit. Since they were preference shares, they may have been private companies and not publicly traded.

Investors Syndicate is now IGM Financial ( I suggest you contact them directly about that certificate.

For the two preference shares, I suggest you contact a broker and see if they can perform a detailed search and track them down for you.

Canadian Stocks

Steven Taylor

Canadian stocks, including growth and resource companies.