Canadian Stocks/old certificate value

I have just been given an older certificate to look into on behalf of my wifes father who lnheritated it in 1992 from his father . He is now 94 years of age and is unable to do this on his own so I am here to ask if you have any information on something called The Balmoral Club Limited Partnership . He has a certificate of class A limited partnership 2 units . Guaranty Trust Co. Of Canada is the registar and transfer agent . These are dated Nov. 7 1988 and are signed by the VP of Balmoral Avenue Development Corp. and a signing officer from Guaranty Trust . Any insight into this would be much appreciated .

Thanks Peter

Peter, I do not believe Balmoral Club was a publicly traded security, so I have little information on companies that were not. However, I see it was cease-traded in BC and Ontario in 1993 and later in Saskatchewan in 2002 when they failed to file several years of audited financial statements. That is a very bad sign for any potential value. Normally you would contact the transfer agent for information, but Guaranty Trust is long out of business. I suggest you contact the Province of Incorporation and see what information they may have available.  

Canadian Stocks

Steven Taylor

Canadian stocks, including growth and resource companies.