Canadian Stocks/Old mining stocks

I am trying to locate the value of some certificates I have found and after much research on the internet, I have not been able to find much helpful information.
Lyndhurst Mining Company Limited
R.J. Jowsey Mining Company Limited
New York Oils Limited
Tiara Mines Limited

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Amanda, from the information I have available:

Lyndhurst had a 1 for 10 reverse split and became Globex Mining, which is still around. It trades for about 37 cents a share or so. You will need to contact the current transfer agent ( to determine if the old shares are valid and, if so, to have them reorganized into Globex shares.

RJ Jowsey was liquidated in 1971. Shareholders received 45 cents per share cash.

New York Oils was acquired in 1989 by Sceptre Resources on the basis of 0.053548 of a Sceptre share for every 1 share of New York. Sceptre was acquired in 1996 by Canadian Natural on the basis of 0.38 of a Canadian Natural share for each old share of Sceptre. Canadian Natural trades for about $40 a share. You will need to contact their current transfer agent ( to determine if your old certificate is valid and, if so, to have it reorganized in the new shares.

Tiara had a name change and reverse split before the company was dissolved in the late 1970's. No value for common shareholders.  

Canadian Stocks

Steven Taylor

Canadian stocks, including growth and resource companies.