Canadian Stocks/Stock Inquiry

Goood Afternoon,

We have come across stocks from our deceased father which were left to us. How would I find out if these stocks are even still valid?:

1. Echo Bay Mines Ltd: 79 shares
2. IU International Corporation: 50 shares
3. Gotaas-Larsen Shipping Corporation: 26 shares
4. IU International Corporation: 29 shares

Thank you

June, from the information I have available:

Echo Bay merged in Kinross in 2002 on the basis of 0.52 of a Kinross share for each Echo Bay share. Kinross later had a 1 for 3 reverse split, and currently trades for about $4 a share. You will need to contact Kinross' current transfer agent ( to determine if the old shares are valid and, if so, to get them reorganized into the new Kinross shares.

IU was acquired in 1988 for $22.25 cash per share. The registered holder should have received a check at that time, and most likely was not required to remit their old certificates to receive their payment.

Gotass-Larson is now Golar LNG, and is publicly traded on NASDAQ. I suggest you contact them directly for assistance in determining if the old shares have any current value -  

Canadian Stocks

Steven Taylor

Canadian stocks, including growth and resource companies.