Canadian Stocks/Old Share Certificates

Question
I am in possession several share certificates that my grand father had and they are all endorsed by Doherty, Roadhouse & McCuaig Co. Are they still in existence?  The certificates are from 6 different companies.  Broken Hill Explorations Limited, Pickering Metal Mines Limited, Wildor Gold Mines Limited, Jacobus Mining Corporation Limited, Waco Petroleums Limited and Manterre Gold Mines Limited. Do they have any value?

Answer
Lisette, Doherty is long gone. From the information I have available:

Broken Hill has no value. The Company had its charter cancelled and was dissolved in the mid-1970's.

Pickering has no value. The Company also had its charter cancelled and was dissolved in the mid-1970's.

Wildor has no value. The Company had its charter cancelled and was dissolved in the late 1960's.

Jacobus has no value. The Company also had its charter cancelled and was dissolved in the mid-1970's.

Waco has no value. The Company also had its charter cancelled and was dissolved in the mid-1970's.

I have no information on Manterre Gold Mines. Considering the age of the certificate, your best approach is to contact a broker and see if they can perform a detailed search for you.  

Canadian Stocks

Steven Taylor