Canine Behavior/Sudden Fear of Food Bowl

Denise wrote at 2012-12-05 18:38:07
Our miniature pin started this same behavior last night. He is acting like the bowl is going to hurt him. He runs from it and stretches as far as he can to a sniff. He wouldn't even take it from my hand, but could tell he wanted to eat. So I put food on floor and he ate it cautiously at first. I put more downwind slowly started trailing it to his dish. Then it was right outside his dish, then I put it in dish and he ate. We'll se what happens at next feeding, but so far, this worked!

Canine Behavior

Anne Springer, B.S., Dip., CAPCT

I am happy to answer questions about: dog behavior and training, therapy dogs, training disabled dogs, training recently rescued dogs, and managing off leash play groups.

Professionally involved in teaching private and group lessons, and doing behavior consultations. American Kennel Club Canine Good Citizen Evaluator, Therapy Dogs, Inc. Tester/Observer. Special interest in pet/elder issues, and in therapy dogs.

Truly Dog Friendly Association of Pet Dog Trainers International Positive Dog Training Association Therapy Dogs, Inc.

Gloucester Times Cape Ann Beacon Ipswich Chronicle Beverly Citizen Salem News

Bachelor's Degree in Psychology, Cum Laude. Diploma in Dog Obedience Instruction, Graduate of NY School of Dog Grooming, Certified Advanced Pet Care Technician - American Boarding Kennels Assn., Certified Pet First Aid & CPR, American Red Cross

2002 Caregiver Award from the National Committee to Preserve Social Security and Medicare, for Pawsitive Connections Program (pet/elder issues)