matty wrote at 2012-05-07 15:37:28
my question is what is the sex of all the dogs

was it 2 females that started fighting and all dogs of

the same sex at some point will fight for the dominant

role usualy after that role is established there  mostly wont be a problem again although for a dog with such power and size

it is best not to keep more than 2 and definatly not 2 females

best to have a male and female females tend to battle over dominance a male will just accept this and most cases wil not chalenge this also dogs are naturaly a pack animal and this is why it is important from a pup to display that you are the leader they are going to look at you as a family member and you have to let them know that your boss in there eyes this makes you the pack leader

Garry wrote at 2013-02-24 03:05:27
Dont ever fall for the, "there is no bad dogs only bad owners" crap .. I have raised many dogs over the years and I had a Lab of all dogs that would not allow another dog anywhere near him... He was raised with a German Shepherd and never had a problem until he was about a year old and one day he just all of a sudden attacked the Shepherd dog and from that day on he would attack the German Shepherd or any other dog that he saw... He was never aggressive to people but hated all dogs... About 10 years later I had a Collie that did the same thing and dont ever think that a Collie cannot deliver serious damage to other dogs... They were the only two dogs I have ever had any problem with and both were very smart dogs ... so once in a while a basically good dog can be a mean dog too....

Canine Behavior

Jody Epstein, CPDT- KA, APDT

IF YOU BELIEVE YOUR DOG IS ILL OR INJURED, PLEASE CONTACT YOUR LOCAL VETERINARIAN IMMEDIATELY. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM TO ADDRESS URGENT MEDICAL ISSUES. I AM NOT A LICENSED VET AND HAVE NO DIAGNOSTIC SKILLS. ***I have been answering questions on All Experts for over 5 years now. I enjoy being able to offer assistance in this forum. I do need to be clear, though. If you’re looking for free advice about a specific behavior question, you MUST submit your question to me via All Experts. If you bypass All Experts and write to me directly through my website, I will ask you to submit via All Experts. On the flip side, if you’re local to Los Angeles and you wish to speak to me privately about an in person consultation, please go through my website. I appreciate your assistance in keeping my volunteer work on the volunteer site.*** I can answer questions about the following canine behavior issues: obedience, timid/fearful & fear-based aggression, nuisance behaviors, families that are expanding with either new human or new animal members. If you have potty training questions please first read my trio of blogs at If you still have questions after reading the blogs you can post your specific questions here. PLEASE be as specific as possible when asking a question. Give me a detailed example of the situation - dog's behavior, body language, circumstances surrounding the issue, what the consequences are (another dog's response, your response), etc. I can only provide insight if I can get a picture of the whole scenario. If I ask for further details, please provide them. In person I would normally observe for at least 90 minutes to assess the situation and the dynamics before offering tools and suggestions to modify it. In writing it is ever so much more difficult. Thank you for your participation in the process.

I have been professionally modifying behavior and training obedience for 7 years. I have owned dogs my entire life. I have just changed the name of my business. It is no longer Good Dog! Dog Training. The new name is Nutz About Mutz!. If you see previous questions with the Good Dog! website information, that is my response.

I am a Certified Profession Dog Trainer - Knowledge Assessed (CPDT-KA), #2133301 ; I am a member in good standing with the Association of Professional Dog Trainers (APDT), #77763 ; I am an AKC certified Canine Good Citizen evaluator (CGC), #71253

Publications ; ; Multiple articles in the local pet magazine Pet Press (found across Southern California)

I have a graduate education in animal behavior and learning. (While I completed my coursework and did the requisite research, I did not defend a dissertation. I am qualified, but not certified and so technically not a doctor. This is commonly referred to as Ph.D.-ABD which means All But Dissertation.) My educational focus was with non-human primates, but my personal interest is with domestic dogs and their relationships with humans and other animals. I continue to educate myself to canine-specific behavior through extensive reading, online interactive workshops, vidoes and attending canine behavior conferences.