Canine Behavior/my dog's fear

Hello, I have two dogs; a mother (Troy) and her son (Hektor). Mother is the mixture of German Shepherd and Turkish Kangal. Troy is very strong and brave dog, but her son is afraid of everything, especially when we spare him from his mother. He is 6 years old now, and we do not know what to do to make him not afraid of humans, other animals. When he is with his mother, he barks at everything, everyone. When he is alone, he goes to the unreachable point of his shack and hides. Hope you can help us with this!

It sounds as though he may not have met enough people and other dogs while he was still a very young puppy.  Sadly, the socialization time for dogs is very limited, so he may always be fearful.  However, there is a procedure called "desensitization and counter-conditioning" that could help him be a bit more comfortable with the things he's most fearful of.  It involves Pavlovian conditioning - creating an association between the thing he fears and something pleasant happening for him.  
You probably need a veterinarian and a trainer's help, but if no trainer is available to you, there are some resources to help familiarize yourself with fear in dogs and how to deal with a globally fearful dog:

Canine Behavior

Anne Springer, B.S., Dip., CAPCT

I am happy to answer questions about: dog behavior and training, therapy dogs, training disabled dogs, training recently rescued dogs, and managing off leash play groups.

Professionally involved in teaching private and group lessons, and doing behavior consultations. American Kennel Club Canine Good Citizen Evaluator, Therapy Dogs, Inc. Tester/Observer. Special interest in pet/elder issues, and in therapy dogs.

Truly Dog Friendly Association of Pet Dog Trainers International Positive Dog Training Association Therapy Dogs, Inc.

Gloucester Times Cape Ann Beacon Ipswich Chronicle Beverly Citizen Salem News

Bachelor's Degree in Psychology, Cum Laude. Diploma in Dog Obedience Instruction, Graduate of NY School of Dog Grooming, Certified Advanced Pet Care Technician - American Boarding Kennels Assn., Certified Pet First Aid & CPR, American Red Cross

2002 Caregiver Award from the National Committee to Preserve Social Security and Medicare, for Pawsitive Connections Program (pet/elder issues)