Canine Behavior/extreme problem with dog

Question
wp0000132
wp0000132  
someone left a dog at our home. we don't want to put her in the dog pound. so we are trying to fix her.i have her in the bathroom she sleeps in the shower area she does'nt leave that area  whenever i walk into her area she hides her face she will not look at you.when i move her  she run to another area of the house when i oick her up she usually pisses or shits we've had her for 3 weeks now we don't even know what kind of dog she

Answer
It's probably too late for this dog and I wonder why you chose not to address this question to ME.

This dog may be quasi-feral (lack of socialization) or the subject of extreme abuse and neglect.  "Turning her face" is a CALMING SIGNAL dogs offer to express non-threat.  Picking up a dog is an extremely "dominant" thing to do, especially when the dog is terrified (as the imbedded picture clearly shows).  If you still have this dog (which I doubt at this point), send me information after January 2 (end of my vacation) and I will attempt to help you.

Canine Behavior

Jill Connor, Ph.D.