Canine Behavior/jealous english bulldog

Question
I have a 2 yr. old english bulldog that gets aggressive towards my 1 1/2 yr. old grandson. He jumps upon me in an attempt to get to the child. He snaps and is relentless. This appeats to only hapoen when I am home as the two have played together with no problems when I am not home. When I am home we have to put the dog in another room or he goed "crazy" trying to get to my grandson. Im not sure what to do at this point.
Thank you,
Jason

Answer
This sounds like a very serious issue as no dog should be displaying this kind of behaviorf towards another person, especially a child. You basically need to reinforce who the alpha is in the household.

I would start with making sure the dog realizes his place in the household by implementing an earn and reward process. Each and everything little thing including meals, treats, attention; must be earned otherwise the reward does not happen.

How do you handle the dog when he reacts? Yelling or physical means to move the dog?  

Canine Behavior

Melissa Burg, RVT/Behavior Consultant