Canine Behavior/Jack Russell Terrier 5 months old

I have crate trained him, he learned very quickly, but when he is around my things or me at night he is constantly urinating, if he gets angry he will urinate by the other male dog.  He knows its wrong because as soon as see's me going towards it he runs. I am the person he is attached to and I am a female, is he claiming me? What can I do for this aggressive urination behavior(not submissive)? Would Neutering help?

Hi Haydee -

Yes neutering will help.  Talk to your veterinarian about getting that done ASAP.
His urination is not aggressive, he is simply being a dog.  Urine is how dogs communicate with each other regarding territory, sexual maturity, and heat cycles in females. The behavior you are describing is called marking and it is how a dog claims things such as territory, the couch, even their owners.  It is much more common in un-neutered males but can happen in neutered males also, even females.
What you can do: clean up all accidents with a white-vinegar/water solution or an enzyme product like Nature's Miracle.  Try to catch him in the act and startle him by saying No and clapping your hands - then take him outside to go pee.
I have included an article with some information on this topic.  Please consult a certified dog trainer if you continue to have problems after the neuter surgery.  Good-luck!

Canine Behavior

Jennifer Ganser, LMT, ABCDT

For canines I can answer questions related to behavior, obedience training, health and massage therapy (anatomy, health benefits) For equines I can answer questions related to behavior, barn management, health and massage therapy (anatomy, health benefits) I am not a veterinarian and it is not within my scope of practice as a licensed massage therapist or certified dog trainer to diagnose health conditions. Please contact your pet's veterinarian for illness related questions and emergencies.

I am a licensed massage therapist for people, horses, and dogs and a certified dog trainer. I teach group obedience classes as well as private lessons. I also work with horses and help barns establish good management practices.

Association of Pet Dog Trainers (APDT) American Massage Therapy Association (AMTA) National Certification Board of Massage and Bodywork (NCBTMB)

2009 - graduate of Connecticut Center for Massage Therapy 2010 - certified in canine/feline first aid + CPR by Red Cross 2012 - graduate of Post University equine program 2012 - graduate of Animal Behavior College Obedience program