Canine Behavior/lethargic boxer

Hello, as of last Sunday night my boxer dog, whom is almost 5 years of age, has become very lethargic. She is still eating and drinking normally. Her behavior is very lethargic she will just lay in her kennel all day and not move. Normally when we call her she will come trotting up happy as can be and give and receive love. Since Sunday she has become just tired and sad looking. I will call her and it's almost as if she doesn't hear me or have any energy to come and greet me. Last night we have company over, she came and greeted the person as she normally would however she was not jumping all over the, she was very calm.
I have looked over her body for ticks and have not found any.

Hi Samantha -

Sorry to hear that your pup isn't feeling well. This is a medical question, not a behavior question that I am not qualified to answer. Please contact your dog's vet regarding the lethargic behavior to rule out a medical condition. Depending on where you live, tick diseases can cause a multitude of symptoms so your veterinarian will be able to diagnose whatever may be going on and help your dog to start feeling better. Good-luck!

Canine Behavior

Jennifer Ganser, LMT, ABCDT

For canines I can answer questions related to behavior, obedience training, health and massage therapy (anatomy, health benefits) For equines I can answer questions related to behavior, barn management, health and massage therapy (anatomy, health benefits) I am not a veterinarian and it is not within my scope of practice as a licensed massage therapist or certified dog trainer to diagnose health conditions. Please contact your pet's veterinarian for illness related questions and emergencies.

I am a licensed massage therapist for people, horses, and dogs and a certified dog trainer. I teach group obedience classes as well as private lessons. I also work with horses and help barns establish good management practices.

Association of Pet Dog Trainers (APDT) American Massage Therapy Association (AMTA) National Certification Board of Massage and Bodywork (NCBTMB)

2009 - graduate of Connecticut Center for Massage Therapy 2010 - certified in canine/feline first aid + CPR by Red Cross 2012 - graduate of Post University equine program 2012 - graduate of Animal Behavior College Obedience program