Canine Behavior/3 yr old Female Boxer

Question
We have a 3yr old female boxer, (we also have a male boxer who is will be 1 in November) her temperament is normally energetic but lazy inside, mostly attention needy!!  Last heat may 1st to May 21st seemed normal she is pretty well supervised when let outside during heat cycle(out to do business and run)and during heat we kept the 2 separated, no tie that we know of and she has never been pregnant in the past... Issue a week ago we noticed enlarged teats with milk a little swelling in vulva and a very slight clear discharge, on 10th she was pacing, nesting, whining and panting, she also found my sons toy that makes noise and won't put it down her normal temp is about 101.3 since the 11th it has dropped as low as 99.3 but returns to about 100.7.  I took the toy as we went outside and she seem to be better yesterday and today but she found the same toy and is back to whining, pacing and wanting me right next to her, she has gained NO noticeable weight!! We look back now and wonder because she had been eating food off the table and this is not normal for her, her appetite has decreased slightly but if you take toy she eats fine, she is energetic outside but not as long as usual, she is still urinating and having small bowel movements, also she was trying to eat grass the other day which I believe is a sign of upset tummy or nausea. I have been reading about false pregnancy and think maybe that is what is going on but not positive, she is not in distress and we are pretty sure she is not pregnant as we never saw a tie or mating happen!!  If this is a false pregnancy what do we do to help her move on... is taking the toy a good idea or bad??  
Thank you

Answer
Did she flag the male?  Did he even have TWENTY SECONDS alone with her?

Your bitch may be suffering from false pregnancy.  This requires veterinary attention and will respond to a short course of hormonal treatment.  I believe it might be too late to palpate the uterus to try to determine if she's pregnant (I think this can only be done around the 21st day of gestation) but an x-ray or ultrasound will prove it (so will a blood titer, for that matter).  

She needs a veterinarian, tomorrow.  I strongly suggest you have her spayed after this has been resolved (wait at least two months).  Her temperament (attention needy) - although possibly "trained" inadvertently - may indicate she is a poor choice for breeding and, unless you know what you're doing and both Boxers have been tested for genetic defects, trust me: breeding these two is a VERY BAD IDEA.

Canine Behavior

Jill Connor, Ph.D.