Canine Behavior/is my dog mad at me

i have had my 2 year old male  for   6 months,we left a abusive situation  to a very stressfull 1 .i thought by letting him stay with my friend in the evening and his little girl  ,it would make him happy and in the day so they could be togather. now my dog is agressive towards me and has bit me several times and growels at me all the time . why / is he mad. is he happier there witha man or unhappy cause i left him . because i spend a hour in the morning and every evening with pedro is his name .how can i make my pedro love me again/

Active aggression is a very serious problem.  It has little to do with the dog being "mad" at you.  When the dog growls, he is warning you; he has apparently lost bite inhibition.  This dog should not be left alone with a child.  You offer very little information.  I need an entire history:

What breed or hybrid is this dog?
What sort of training have you done?
What is the "abusive situation" you left?
Where did you acquire this dog, at what age, under what circumstances?
When, where, does the dog growl at you?
When, where, has the dog bitten you?
How serious are the bites (bruise, puncture, tear, etc.)?
What do you DO when the dog growls at you?
Does the dog actively pursue you to bite?
How many hours will Pedro be left alone if you leave him in your home rather than your friend's?

Use followup feature.  Give me every single piece of information you can no longer how much you have to type.  I can't fix this in a text box but I can at least attempt to diagnose cause and solution.

Canine Behavior

Jill Connor, Ph.D.

I have spent my entire professional life rehabilitating the behavior of the domestic dog and I can answer any question regarding any behavior problem in any breed dog. I have answered more than 5,000 QUESTIONS on this site in the past (almost) eight years. If you are a caring, committed owner and need advice, I'm here for you. I am personally acquainted with my colleagues (Turid Rugaas, Ian Dunbar, etc.) who were members of an elite group in EGroups that I founded: K9Shrinks. THERE ARE NO QUICK FIXES for serious behavioral issues; not only is it unprofessional to offer same, it is also unethical. IF I ASK YOU SUBSEQUENT QUESTIONS, I NEED YOU TO INTERACT WITH ME. More information equals more credible answers and a more successful outcome. If you want ANSWERS THAT WORK, participate in any way I request. I'm quite committed to working on this site for YOUR benefit and the benefit of YOUR DOG. Help me in any way you can.

30 years of solving serious behavior problems in domestic dogs; expert in dog to human aggression; Internet columnist for for 5 years; former radio talk show host, WHPC.FM, Garden City, NY "Bite Back" (1995 through 2000). List owner, international animal behavior experts, Seminar leader: "Operant Conditioning and Learning"; "Aggression in The Domestic Dog"; "Solving Problem Behaviors" -- conducted for various training facilities on Long Island from 1993 through 2000. Former clinical director of "Behavioral Abnormalities" in conjunction with Mark Beckerman, DVM, Hempstead, New York.

Member, APDT (UK); Psychologists in Ethical Treatment with Animals

Harcourt Brace Learning Direct: "The Business of Dog Training" "The Fail Safe Dog: Brain Training, not Pain Training"

Ph.D., UC Berkeley

Board of Directors: Northeast Dog Rescue Connection; The Dog Project; Sav-A-Dog Foundation; etc. Pro Bono counselor: Little Shelter Humane Society My practice is presently limited to forensics. I diagnose cause of dog bite, based upon testimony before the Court, for attorneys and insurance companies litigating dog bites, including fatal injuries. I also do pro bono work for bona fide rescue organizations, humane societies, et al, regarding such analysis in an effort to obtain release for dogs being held for death in municipal shelters in the US.