Canine Behavior/German shorthaired pointer

Question
I have a male German shorthaired pointer and for the last year i can't get him to go outside. I have tried to give him treats and got no wear with it all he does is stand at the door shaking
but once i get him out he's fine. If their is anything you can tell me to try?

Answer
How many doors to the outside do you have?
Does he do this at both doors?
What is the footing underneath (rug, linoleum, etc.), is it slippery?
Can you think (a year is a long time) what might have happened to start this?

You're seeing a fight/flight/freeze reaction.  A dog in that condition won't bait (accept treats) and there is no cognition involved: he is reacting to a strongly acquired fear response.

We can fix it but I need more information.  Use followup feature, please.

Canine Behavior

Jill Connor, Ph.D.