Canine Behavior/Female pit bull

Question
My female is in heat does that make them more aggressive bc she snapped at me as i was trying to pet hershe only 2 years old shes nvr done that before

Answer
Your dog should NEVER show aggression toward you, regardless of her condition (unless she is in great pain or being physically threatened.)  I have no idea how you live with this dog, what sort of training you've done, and under what circumstances she snapped at you.  In the normal course of acquiring human aggression, a dog will usually growl first and then escalate to snapping.  Please give as detailed a "picture" of your life with this dog and under what circumstances this occurred.  Meanwhile: DO NOT REPLICATE whatever of your behaviors caused this aggressive response.  If the dog growls at you, break eye contact but stand your ground.  Wait until she is visibly calm, then ask for "sit" and praise heavily.  As soon as this bitch has resolved her estrus cycle (approximately six weeks from onset), have her spayed.

Canine Behavior

Jill Connor, Ph.D.