Canine Behavior/Very stressed first time dog owner

Question
Hi, I have a border collie lab mix and he's about one now he has suspected epilepsy and he's a very hyper dog. He doesn't seem to have full vision or hearing. I've been told my vet he has "collie eye" but anytime I being it up to dog specialists they say they're never heard of it. I've searched all over the Internet on how to deal with his behaviour but nothing works. For instance, he is way too wild in the house and very destructive. I've looked everywhere on how to deal with it and mostly it says at least 2 hours of walks each day... But here's my problem, he will not walk. I also have tried everything to try and get him comfortable with walking but it seems to work and suddenly stop and I end up carrying my medium dog over my shoulder home. He seems to have a constant need to walk around the house and the yard and barely will we catch him laying down and resting. He is my very first dog and I have no clue on what to do. He is nothing like other dogs so a lot of the internees advice doesn't seem to work on him. Please help.

Answer
"Collie eye" is PRA: the dog may be blind.

You need a veterinary specialist.  I don't know too much about Canada except that it's a very beautiful country and I wish I lived there.  You need to find a large veterinary teaching hospital and then start with a veterinary ophthalmologist who might refer you to a neurologist.  The dog is suffering from extremely high anxiety.  "Suspected" epilepsy: no such thing.  If a dog has seizures, you will know it.  Most seizures are without ability to diagnose cause (idiopathic) but there is medication to control them (phenobarbital) under the care of a veterinary neurologist.   Two hours of walks a day for a dog that is blind or going blind is "flooding" the dog with sensory input (smells, sounds) that is scaring him to death.  

Find a specialist ASAP.  Meanwhile: put a house tab on this dog (lightweight leash).  When he becomes "wild", simply pick up the leash and keep him with you calmly for a few minutes.  The dog has some serious problem and is suffering greatly.  Whether or not his quality of life will substantially improve with expert veterinary care is not something I can predict.  You have no choice: you have to find a specialist.

Canine Behavior

Jill Connor, Ph.D.