Canine Behavior/Biting me consistantly

my dog keeps biting my leg and hand.She is 1 and half months old.does she hate me

Your PUPPY (six weeks is a neonate) was removed far too soon from her dam (mother) and litter mates; dam and litter mates teach a puppy how hard is too hard when using its mouth.

I don't know what breed or breed type this puppy is; I don't know where you got her, under what conditions. What you describe is a lack of bite inhibition and that is the result of improper puppy management BEFORE you got her: from dam and litter mates.  She has NO IDEA her teeth HURT.

Right now:  when she mouths you (uses teeth), whine as high as you can like a puppy and remove yourself from her immediately (do not run).  Do this consistently; some neonates actually INCREASE mouthing when you do this; if that occurs, put her on lightweight house leash (only when you are at home); pick up the leash and hold her away from you, no eye contact, no words, nothing, until she is calm.  The moment she is calm, get to her level (do not stand over her) and scratch her under her chin, then drop the leash and walk away.

I strongly suggest you study Dr. Ian Dunbar's Sirius Puppy Training and begin NOW, very short intervals three to four times a day (and by short, I mean no more than three minutes, her attention span is very short now):

Be certain the videos you watch are from Dr. Dunbar, not unwanted contributors.  His entire series of Sirius Puppy Training can be purchased from

Now see this:

and this:

Articles and free videos such as these are available at Dr. Dunbar's site:

You also need to know about puppy development, both physically, behaviorally and neurologically:

AND you need to learn how to read dog body language so you can offer it back to your dog:

You must have just about obtained this puppy, can't have been more than a week or so ago (I HOPE).  She is anxious, fearful, nervous, and so are you.  You must present a CONSISTENT CALM presence: no yelling, no screaming if she mouths you, and socialize (as soon as her next vaccinations allow) by taking her outdoors to meet other people, see other dogs, traffic, etc. as heavily as you can (once a day, at least, through 18 months of age).  

Your puppy does not "dislike" you or "hate" you; she is a neonate taken too soon from her dam and is confused.  You are also confused.  Go to the sites I posted, learn everything you can, remain patient and consistent, teach her what you want, ignore what you do not want, and train with positive reinforcement beginning tomorrow (begin with "sit"):

I once obtained a Doberman puppy at 14 weeks who was emaciated, not house trained at all, never socialized; I looked like a dope addict (I mean REALLY I did, my arms were full of holes) because she had not learned bite inhibition from her dam and litter mates.  I used positive reinforcement training and socialized this dog heavily and she was the best do I have ever had, and I've had quite a few dogs.  Think of the ADULT DOG YOU WANT and then aim for that.

Canine Behavior

Jill Connor, Ph.D.

I have spent my entire professional life rehabilitating the behavior of the domestic dog and I can answer any question regarding any behavior problem in any breed dog. I have answered more than 5,000 QUESTIONS on this site in the past (almost) eight years. If you are a caring, committed owner and need advice, I'm here for you. I am personally acquainted with my colleagues (Turid Rugaas, Ian Dunbar, etc.) who were members of an elite group in EGroups that I founded: K9Shrinks. THERE ARE NO QUICK FIXES for serious behavioral issues; not only is it unprofessional to offer same, it is also unethical. IF I ASK YOU SUBSEQUENT QUESTIONS, I NEED YOU TO INTERACT WITH ME. More information equals more credible answers and a more successful outcome. If you want ANSWERS THAT WORK, participate in any way I request. I'm quite committed to working on this site for YOUR benefit and the benefit of YOUR DOG. Help me in any way you can.

30 years of solving serious behavior problems in domestic dogs; expert in dog to human aggression; Internet columnist for for 5 years; former radio talk show host, WHPC.FM, Garden City, NY "Bite Back" (1995 through 2000). List owner, international animal behavior experts, Seminar leader: "Operant Conditioning and Learning"; "Aggression in The Domestic Dog"; "Solving Problem Behaviors" -- conducted for various training facilities on Long Island from 1993 through 2000. Former clinical director of "Behavioral Abnormalities" in conjunction with Mark Beckerman, DVM, Hempstead, New York.

Member, APDT (UK); Psychologists in Ethical Treatment with Animals

Harcourt Brace Learning Direct: "The Business of Dog Training" "The Fail Safe Dog: Brain Training, not Pain Training"

Ph.D., UC Berkeley

Board of Directors: Northeast Dog Rescue Connection; The Dog Project; Sav-A-Dog Foundation; etc. Pro Bono counselor: Little Shelter Humane Society My practice is presently limited to forensics. I diagnose cause of dog bite, based upon testimony before the Court, for attorneys and insurance companies litigating dog bites, including fatal injuries. I also do pro bono work for bona fide rescue organizations, humane societies, et al, regarding such analysis in an effort to obtain release for dogs being held for death in municipal shelters in the US.