Canine Behavior/17 month German Shepherd has stopped fetching newspaper

Question
How do I get Piper to fetch the newspaper. She used to do this every day then suddenly about 2 months ago she stopped. She acted as if she had never seen a newspaper before. She has a great disposition, is very bright and well trained and has earned her CGC papers.

Answer
Tell me, as best you can, what the environment was, what was happening at the time, what may have distracted or frightened her, the LAST TIME she fetched the paper for you.  If this is fear related, we have to do some counter conditioning.  Think back,long and hard.  There IS a reason, we just have to figure it out.

Re-training the dog will be simple once we can attempt to discover cause.  Use followup feature,please.

Canine Behavior

Jill Connor, Ph.D.