Canine Behavior/Digging holes

Question
My 8 yr old Female Dog has just started digging holes, she recently had
Pyometra surgery, that is her womb and uterus removed, And i was wondering
if this had anything to do with this.

Answer
I doubt the surgery (or even its hormonal influence) is a major factor here.  Please tell me about your outdoor environment.

1.  Where has she begun to dig: exactly
2.  What is the wildlife population in your area at this time of year
3.  Have you noticed any burrowing or attempt at burrowing around the foundation of your house
4.  Is she exhibiting ANY other behavior that is totally unusual for her?

Pyometra is a potentially life ending event.  Congratulations for having discovered her condition!  While she is experiencing major hormonal changes (and hopefully is receiving some medication to alleviate surgical pain), it is more likely she is "scenting" and digging after whatever she "scents" (or even "hears", which you cannot hear.

5.  What breed of dog is this or closest hybrid mix you can determine?

Please USE FOLLOWUP FEATURE to answer these questions ASAP since we want to intervene here quickly in order to stop this from becoming a serious problem (sink holes on your lawn LOLOL)

Canine Behavior

Jill Connor, Ph.D.