Canine Behavior/Old dog not YET housebroken

Hi, I have a 3 years old pug. She is a beautiful dog, and really, she is the perfect dog to me. On the other hand, she is not fully housebroken. If I am careful about when to take her out, then is not a problem. However, If I not careful enough she will pee and poop inside the house. I in addition have to take her out straightway I wake up or else she will do it inside, this is also the same about when she eats. This to me is not the biggest problem since I mange to take her outside, but still it is a problem.  However I have to say the biggest problem for me is if I have her with me to visit friends, I feel like I can`t trust her. In addition, as she like to explore new placeless this is very difficult to me, and I can`t really relax at all. She does not break things or anything so she not allowed walking freely when she is not outside or home is very sad to me. I also feel like I can`t have other people watch her or take care of her when I am out traveling because of this problem. I hope you are the one how can help me with this problem, because I don`t know what to do with it.
From the pug lady

I clearly state that I do not answer private questions, but should I do so in this forum, I will make the answer public.  This answer is public.

Your dog is not house trained.  You need to answer the following questions in FOLLOWUP FORM.

1.  How long have you had this dog
2.  Has she been checked for UTI and intestinal parasites
3.  WHERE in the house does she inappropriately eliminate ("special" places?)
4.  What do YOU DO when you find urine or stool in your home?
5.  Why can't you "relax" when she explores "new places"....what new places, indoors?

You need to start over as if this bitch was ten weeks old. I need answers to the above questions.  If you do not wish to continue in a "public" question/answer, then I can't help you.  The reason for my presence, here for over seven years, is to help others with similar problems.

Canine Behavior

Jill Connor, Ph.D.

I have spent my entire professional life rehabilitating the behavior of the domestic dog and I can answer any question regarding any behavior problem in any breed dog. I have answered more than 5,000 QUESTIONS on this site in the past (almost) eight years. If you are a caring, committed owner and need advice, I'm here for you. I am personally acquainted with my colleagues (Turid Rugaas, Ian Dunbar, etc.) who were members of an elite group in EGroups that I founded: K9Shrinks. THERE ARE NO QUICK FIXES for serious behavioral issues; not only is it unprofessional to offer same, it is also unethical. IF I ASK YOU SUBSEQUENT QUESTIONS, I NEED YOU TO INTERACT WITH ME. More information equals more credible answers and a more successful outcome. If you want ANSWERS THAT WORK, participate in any way I request. I'm quite committed to working on this site for YOUR benefit and the benefit of YOUR DOG. Help me in any way you can.

30 years of solving serious behavior problems in domestic dogs; expert in dog to human aggression; Internet columnist for for 5 years; former radio talk show host, WHPC.FM, Garden City, NY "Bite Back" (1995 through 2000). List owner, international animal behavior experts, Seminar leader: "Operant Conditioning and Learning"; "Aggression in The Domestic Dog"; "Solving Problem Behaviors" -- conducted for various training facilities on Long Island from 1993 through 2000. Former clinical director of "Behavioral Abnormalities" in conjunction with Mark Beckerman, DVM, Hempstead, New York.

Member, APDT (UK); Psychologists in Ethical Treatment with Animals

Harcourt Brace Learning Direct: "The Business of Dog Training" "The Fail Safe Dog: Brain Training, not Pain Training"

Ph.D., UC Berkeley

Board of Directors: Northeast Dog Rescue Connection; The Dog Project; Sav-A-Dog Foundation; etc. Pro Bono counselor: Little Shelter Humane Society My practice is presently limited to forensics. I diagnose cause of dog bite, based upon testimony before the Court, for attorneys and insurance companies litigating dog bites, including fatal injuries. I also do pro bono work for bona fide rescue organizations, humane societies, et al, regarding such analysis in an effort to obtain release for dogs being held for death in municipal shelters in the US.