Canine Behavior/8yr old min. poddle/min dach/mex chih mix female dog

Question
my dog is house broke, but has starting to pee in the house,on the carpet when I'm gone to work. never done it before.

Answer
You didn't actually ask a specific question, so I can't offer any specific answers. But any time there is a sudden behavior change, the first order of business is a vet check. A dog who normally does not have pee accidents, who suddenly is having pee accidents may well have a urinary tract infection (UTI). Getting a diagnosis and proper treatment for that should resolve teh potty accident issues.

Once you've been to the vet and addressed any medical issues, if you're still having a problem, please feel free to followup. But please do provide some actual information about what's happening such as how long it's been going on, any changes to the dog's life/routine (change of living space, someone move in or out, change in your work schedule, change in your stress, construction happening in or near your home, recent weather patterns, typical day in the life of your dog (routines for waking, potty, eating, exercise, play, love/affection, etc).

Make an appointment with your vet ASAP to check for UTI or any other urinary/bladder issues that may be affecting potty habits.

Jody, CPDT-KA, APDT
Worcester, MA Behavior Specialist
Masters Candidate - Animals and Public Policy (Animal Behavior)
Tufts Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine
http://NutzAboutMutz.com

Canine Behavior

Jody Epstein, CPDT- KA, APDT