Canine Behavior/Black Lab - Feeding Frenzie

Question
Dear Madeline, I have read you biography and I promise to read and rate your response within two days.  I understand that your time is valuable, that you are most likely spending at least 45 minutes of your time in response to my question, and I understand too that when questioners read and rate your responses fairly that you make random donations to animal shelters to help homeless animals.  In the interest of being appreciative of your time AND helping shelter dogs and cats, I agree that I will rate your response and give you fair feedback.

I have a two year old Black Lab that we purchased from a respectable breeder.  He does not bark at anything except his food in his dish. He paws at the dish, slides the dish all around the kitchen until he tips the dish or paws the food out and it is spread all over.  Then he eats what he wants and leaves the rest.  How can I stop this behavior?

Maria

Answer
Hi Marie,

Thanks for your question and reading my bio before submitting it. I have a question or two for you before I respond to it. What bothers you about your Lab's behavior that you described, and why would you like to stop it?

Best,
Madeline Friedman, M.A.

Canine Behavior

Madeline S. Friedman, M.A.