Car Alarms/Cannot identify car alarm system

Question
Remote
Remote  
We have purchased a 2005 ford f150.  It came with two remotes.  One for lock/unlock (factory), and one that has no name and the numbers are worn off.  This remote has to be in the car for the car to start.  It is the only one and I fear if it breaks or gets lost, I'll won't be able to start the truck.  Ford dealer told us to check with an aftermarket installer and that installer said he thinks it is Ford. I'd like to get a second one by no one can identify it to find one.  What else can I do?  Thanks

Answer
I'd have after market installer locate the after market alarm
under the dash, unplug and repair the OEM wiring and
start over with another, fresh system that has the feature
you want and can control from the onset.

Best idea really when you have no clue what it
is, and they keep going back n forth over who's
it what's. Silly waste of time.

Pay the after market guy to prove it's OEM/factory
if not, strip it out and start from scratch.

Good luck.

ALARMTEK

Car Alarms

ALARMTEK