Car Alarms/Car Remote

Question
I own a used 2001 VW Jetta, and I am wondering if all the cars come with the keyless remote installed straight out of the factory. Mine did not come with the key and I cannot find where it might have been installed. I was just curious if it was a factory feature or something I have to install. And, if it has to be installed, the complexity and expense it will rate.
Thank you!

Answer
Most have it. Some dealers hold the remotes in the sales room and sell it as an "option", but again, most all new cars from 204 and up have remotes that go along with the vehicle.

To retrofi the Jetta with an after market system would run between
100.00 and 200. to put in keyless entry.

Check around at the local car alarm/stereo stores
for the best deal.

Good luck.

ALARMTEK

Car Alarms

ALARMTEK