Car Alarms/Carbine Car Alarm plus-5900

Question
Recently purchased a used vehicle with a Carbine plus-5900 alarm.  After a search, I found the Valet button, and in the process of moving it, pushed the button once.  this was with the door open and no key in the ignition.

Now, the key-fob disarms the alarm, but doesn't unlock the doors.  I have found that pushing the button multiple times, with the door open and no key, will change settings like completely deactivating the fob, or deactivating the alarm.  What do I need to do to get the alarm to unlock the doors when I disarm the system again.  It DOES lock the doors when I arm the system.

Answer
Try this, turn on the ignition
key, press and hold in the button (little
spring loaded micro button, red or black possibly)
until the alarm chirps 1 time. This should over ride
the system, and only the keyless entry part,
if installed, would still be operating.
The LED (light emiting diode) light in the dash
should also go on solid.

This solves the problem for now.

Then if you want to remove it, take it to a local
after market alarm dealer and have it done there.

They may even be able to reset/reprog. the features on
the alarm you have, to allow you to use the system
more comfortably, but of course, your call.

Car Alarms

ALARMTEK